Thursday, September 1, 2011

23 weeks

1 week to viability!

And I made it through the 3 hour test. Although I have lingering nausea and hunger. Can't seem to eat enough to make up for the fasting. Turns out, as well, that my day yesterday did not get any better. Ended up taking Elisa to the doctor for what turned out to be a DOUBLE ear infection this time. *Sigh.* Sometimes I hate that my instincts seem to usually be right. I was almost hoping they were wrong and the doc would think I was some over anxious mom. Well, I was right in so many ways but thankfully this time we caught it before the drainage got to her lungs. Although it's close.

So today was the first time I've been able to see the new baby moving from the outside. It was rather unique watching and feeling the movements. This baby is just growing so fast and it's not even here yet.

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

One more week and we have a chance should my body decide to prematurely eject this one as well. One more week as well and I will know the results of the 3 hour test. I really hope I pass. I'm not looking forward to trying to maintain this diet for 3 more months.

Anyway, bring it! Whatever comes these next few months...bring it. I'll get through it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for 23 weeks! I keep restraining myself from saying 1 week to viability but ONE week to viability! I honestly think you will make it MUCH longer and hopefully full term! :) That's what I am hoping and praying for! You deserve to know what that is like!