Thursday, July 28, 2011

18 weeks

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

And our "big" ultrasound is next Tuesday! Part of me can't wait. The other part can't figure itself out yet lol. But baby is still baking away well. The virus I had last week caused me to lose 3 lbs in a week, which when you are underweight to begin with and supposed to consistently gain during a pregnancy was concerning. To me anyway. Doctor's weren't when I had my check up only because even with the loss, I have gained 8 lbs in all and they consider that pretty good for 18 weeks into the pregnancy. Besides. I FEEL bigger.



But alas, I'm not. Oh well. There are 22 more weeks to get "bigger" and I plan on using every single one of them.

Elisa is very excited for her big girl room. She loves the paint color. Can't wait to put it all back together and get the finishing touches on it. I hope to have her start napping in there starting in August and by the time she's 2 have her sleeping overnight in there. That gives her two months to get used to the new room as her room before this new little one makes their appearance.

No comments: