Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Almost forgot!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I just realized that I almost forgot that today was the weekly anniversary update, eek! Shrimp is now 26 weeks baked, leaving 14 more weeks to go, or 98 more days. And what's been going on? Well, I've been growing. And so has Shrimp. OUCH. I don't think my muscles, stomach, can stretch any more! And honestly, I'm not even that big! I am at the point where people look at me and wonder is she, isn't she, but don't want to ask in case its just weight, lol. But the last few nights, I've ended up in intense pain which doc is telling me is the growing pains based on where they are. Last night, I experienced a few quite painful braxton hicks contractions as well. Lucky the woman who has painless BH's, because let me tell you. As a pre-cursor to labor, I'm going give me the epi! One was so strong I was using my own nails to dig into my own arm to transfer the pain sensation from my hips to my arm, lol!

On Friday, I leave for my annual conference. I do a lot of traveling but this is my "big" show every year and has traditionally required very long, busy, active, stressful days. I'm already wondering how I'm going to do this seeing as how I'm exhausted from just a day at my desk. Everyone keeps telling me to delegate, that I just have to make sure that it gets done, not that I physically do it myself. I keep thinking this is my JOB I can't use pregnancy as an excuse to not do it. So I don't know. Pray for me and Shrimp that I get the rest, water, and food that I need. Since eating also hasn't traditionally been an activity I partake in regularly during this trade show.

So an update on Shrimp:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes the first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum - a trip that will take two to three days.

Bring on October 16th!

No comments: