Thursday, August 18, 2011

Overwhelmed

That is how I'm feeling at the moment as I try to manage all the tasks that I need to get done to prepare for Shrimps arrival. So. I am going to take a break and update you all on Shrimp. Maybe this will help me re-focus on getting this stuff done!

21 weeks. Yup. That's today. Sad that the first thoughts that enter my mind are:
1. 3 weeks from viability outside the womb.
2. 5 weeks from when I was admitted to the hospital
3. 8 weeks from when Elisa was born.

Yeah. Kinda bothers me that I can't seem to get past those numbers. But oh well. For the most part, I'm feeling well. I'm having NORMAL pregnancy symptoms. Aches, pains already. Feeling heavy and more like "fat" than pregnant. That sounds kinda funny to say really. I saw a picture of myself at church the other day from the front and all I could think was do I really look that fat? Oh well. I'm pretty sure it's all baby weight.



We've started the stocking up on diapers process. Figure I'll get just one box of newborn size because I'm having a termie and won't need 5 months worth! If I find I need more than just the one box...I'll just go buy more. Otherwise, I'll stock up on the size 1s.

Elisa is entirely moved out of the nursery and into her big girl room. She's handled the transition very well. Slept over night in that room now for 3 nights and is only waking once. Sometimes she puts herself back to sleep, sometimes she's terrified and needs some help. Only once has she climbed out of the bed herself and made it to the door. Where she peeked around and into our room and called out to us from the baby gate there. She's eating amazingly well. Pretty soon she'll eat us out of house and home.


My secret is revealed...ketchup. Give the child ketchup and she'll eat anything....

So here's our 21 weeks update:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.


We asked Elisa the other night if she thought the baby in mommy's belly was a boy or a girl. She confidently exclaimed "girl!" Guess we know where her loyalties lie. We shall see. In December.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

With Leata I never thought about viability and obviously I didn't have anything to compare to but with each of the others I did. I had an unhealthy focus on 24 weeks with the others. Then with Luke I had a partial placental abruption at 26 week. We thought he was going to have to come right then. It was SO scary. BUT things settled down and I got further with him then I did with two out of the other three. Lots of prayers and faith and we made it and he's a very healthy strong little guy. We made it to (10 minutes shy of) 34 weeks! That was our goal with my history. I am praying for 39 weeks but most of all a healthy mom and baby for you!

Beth said...

I am hoping that I will get over my week thinking when I actually get past those weeks. I already do that... 10 weeks till I went into labor/hospital, baby could be here in 12 weeks. Once we get past these then what will we think about 40..40...40!