Monday, August 15, 2011

The first of many

Fights between my children, that is.

That sounds odd to say, coming off this journey when I never thought I'd have one. Anyway, I digress.

Today was one of THOSE kinds of days. A very crabby girl. I think she must have sensed the weather. It was one of those cloudy, dreary, rainy and cool days. Personally, I rejoiced after all the heat we'd been having these last few weeks. We could open up the windows and turn the air off. It was heaven in that regard. But the thunder decided the perfect time to start was nap time. And my poor child, with her terror of thunder, was NOT going to go to sleep on her own. So it was the perfect day to take a nap with her on the couch.

Problem was my belly is growing and it was rather difficult to find a position where she was comfortable and the baby wasn't getting squashed. Finally did, but her feet were laying across the belly, right where the baby was.

Well, apparently, Shrimp didn't like this. Because he/she started kicking right where Elisa's feet lay. Elisa was too far gone into her slumber to notice. But I got a good chuckle out of it. Experiencing the first of many feet fights to come in the years to come.

1 comment:

angela said...

Love it! I always had to chuckle when Kate and Owen would be climbing on me and little William would be right in the mix, kicking back. Good stuff!