Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let's see



How far we can push before mommy has a meltdown!

It's only halfway through the day and mommy is already at the end of her rope. Busy day at work and a whiny baby do NOT go together well.

And I swear, even if she is only 8 months old, she is already trying to push her boundaries.

For example, last night was a late night as we went to watch Andrew play softball. So our normal bedtime routine was pushed off until 8:45 - 9:00 last night. After our bottle, we decided we didn't really want to sleep. Instead, we wanted to headbutt mommy. After my third exclaimation of "OUCH" after that hard little head whacked me on the chin, Andrew jokingly says to her "Keep that up and you'll be in trouble!" She looks right at him and laughs hysterically. Which of course gets Andrew and I laughing. Elisa realizes she did something funny, so what does she do? She looks at me, grins, headbutts me again and then looks at me waiting for the praise. Of course, we laugh more. So she does it again. And again, and again. Little turkey. Finally after five minutes of this game and a very bruised mommy, we decided we had better stop engaging and get her to bed. But oh man, who says this kid doesn't understand English? The timing was too perfect.

No comments: