Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy 8 months!

Wow, I'm so big now! In fact, I can now HOLD Miss P instead of her holding me! :)



I'm a big 13 lbs 8 oz. I put on 1.5 pounds in a month! My doctor was so happy she was dancing in the room! I don't think I've ever seen a doctor do a jig before. I know mommy hasn't, as she thought it was really cute.

I also was evaluated by physical therapy. Mommy was worried because I get really stiff when she tries to get me to sit and I resist sitting and crawling. Turns out I have a little bit of stiffness in my hips, but I should grow out of it. But I'm right on track for my adjusted age and doing all the things I should for a 5 1/2 month old! But mommy wants me to do things an 8 month old should do, so we are going to learn more about how to help me catch up. I think mommy is tired of explaining why I'm so little and why I'm not sitting and crawling yet. In reality, I'm doing really well for how early I was. Everyone always says what a good baby I am!



I'm a big chatterbox and love to make noise. Mommy doesn't like it when I'm not here because it's just TOO QUIET. So far I just make lots of "gah" "nah" "ah" "yeah" noises but I did decide to surprise daddy and say "da da" right before father's day. Of course I didn't know what I was saying, but it sure made mommy and daddy's day.

And I'm rolling both ways now! And love it! Mommy finds me in my crib on my belly. She doesn't quite care for that. I won't stay under my blankets either.

Oh well. Mommy will get over it all. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

What is up cutie pie! 8 months geez! You are so pretty and I can see that hair on your head (Isaac isn't really far ahead of you either).

I'm so glad your doing good on your development. I know mommy worries but you will get there and it will be faster than she will think!