Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Award? Me?

I guess it's about time I participate in these, lol. I received this blogging award from my friend Lindsay, who since I probably can't give the award back to her will just say that she is another preemie mom with a gorgeous little girl who I hope to have play date with at some point lol!



The rules:
If I nominate you, simply copy and paste the image to your blog and follow the same rules below!

1. Nominate 5 other blogs.
2. Tell you 10 things about me that you didn't know before.

So, my nominated blogs:

1. The Peanut Blog - A blog by a mom and her preemie who are in *gasp* Arizona! And actually not far from where I was. Wish I could have met her while I was there. But she has a gorgeous little boy and makes all of her own baby food! I can't wait to try some of her recipes.

2. Munchkin Files - I've nominated this one because of the inner beauty of it's author. This is another preemie mom who lost her little boy after six months in the NICU. He also was born at 29 weeks in October, so it really touches something in me. She has handled this un-imaginable situation with amazing grace. She really deserves this, and our prayers, as she moves on with her life without her beautiful boy.

3. Plus One - Another preemie mom and another 29 weeker, also born in October. Any one sense a theme here? This mom is wonderfully creative and I just love how she describes her new life with her baby. She's a beautiful writer and I sometimes find myself jealous of her creativity and ability to keep it up with an infant!!

4. The Klopp Quads - Well I'm sure you can tell from the title that this will, again, be about preemies. And you are right! I was turned onto this blog through another blogger who found it and was just amazed by the fact that they were natural quads. I believe she delivered at 27 weeks to 3 girls and 1 boy. Unfortunately, the boy didn't make it but the girls did.

5. Sadie Jayne - this is the only "termie" baby blog that I follow, lol. It's done very creatively and from the baby girls point of view. I love it and even copy some of the ideas sometimes. And such a gorgeous baby girl!

So, ten things about me you may not know?

1. I met my husband online. Yup. Sure did
2. I don't have a "home." Home is where I sleep that night. So if you hear me talking about going "home" when I'm not actually in my home town, I mean I'm ready to go back to my room lol.
3. I have many many wonderful friends. They just all happen to be in other parts of the country and world. I miss them all so much and wish they were closer so we could hang out more.
4. I'm a beer snob. None of the Bud Light type stuff for me. Give me a good German beer or even Sam Adams if I have to go American.
5. I HATE CAR SHOPPING. There is a story behind that one.
6. My favorite part of the day is bed time. Because that's when I get to cuddle with my baby before putting her in her crib for the night.
7. I graduated high school in Germany.
8. The funniest thing that I've ever had happen to me was when Elisa farted so loud in the NICU that it echoed across the hall.
9. I'm starting to feel fat. I need to get on the loosing the baby weight.
10. I'm a facebook-aholic.

K. I'm done now. Going to go play with my baby!

No comments: