Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shrimp is half baked!

That's right! We are 20 weeks and officially halfway there! Only 20 more weeks and we'll have a baked Shrimp. Beyond that and we are coming up on fried Shrimp. I'm going for a well done Shrimp as I hope Shrimp comes early, lol.

So what's new? Not much really. We are plodding along here counting the weeks down. We did get our crib yesterday, yay! And it's all set up and in the room. The room still needs some work done to it as I still need all those organizational things for the closet and that kind of stuff. Need the linens for the bed and some pictures and decorations. But I keep getting told to wait for the baby shower before I worry about that. I don't know if I want to wait that long. I kinda want it all now, lol. But I'll post pictures when it's all done and put together. Uploading photos here is a bear and I really don't feel like messing with it. A friend figured out how to do it from her iPhone but I've yet to get that figured out and got tired of trying. I'll mess with it again later. When I have my energy back. Will I have my energy back??

Shrimp at 20 weeks:

Your baby weighs about 10.5 ounces now. He's also around 6.5 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches long from head to heel - the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom - the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey stubstance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper.

Just for clarification purposes, these updates I'm posting with the facts of Shrimp's development were taken from www.babycenter.com. So I didn't write those portions. But the rest of the posts content is from me. :)

No comments: