Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And we...

Are out of ideas for creative posts. I guess you'll forgive me, right? It's exhausting trying to come up with snazzy titles and I didn't want to just say oh 19 weeks. Was too boring. So anyway, there you have it!

Not really much to say this week. Seems like my morning sickness, ummm, rather all day sickness has returned. Not so sure if it's just a reaction to the anti-depressants or is really a return. Feels the same as before. Finally, right now, I feel a bit better and was able to eat with out gagging too much. Helps that I actually wanted what I ate. And Andrew has a week and a half down already with his new school, and let me tell you, what a difference! He is settling in well and got through his first challenge last night with flying colors. It was back to school night, and every single child and parent showed up! Amazing! He liked them all and they seemed to like him so we have success! The next challenge is the first day of school, which is tomorrow. I'm still having a good feeling about this. And although he is still understandable anxious and stressed about it, it seems like he is handling it much better this time around and really, I'm just proud of him. He's doing an excellent job so far and has so many wonderful ideas!!

So, Shrimp at 19 weeks:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8.5 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom - about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Ok I just had a strange thought after I read about Shrimp being able to hear me now. I have a human being in my belly following me around wherever I go. For some reason I just had a sense of a weird squeamishness at the idea, lol. Don't ask me why, it's just like the "John Hurt" moment from the Coupling show. Cracks me up. Glad Shrimp is there, though, so he or she better not be going anywhere soon.

Also, I've been starting to get tons of movement at times. Last night, Shrimp decided to have a little party after 10. I could feel Shrimp turning over and occasionally kicking. It was the strangest feeling ever. Finally Shrimp settled down around 11 and I could fall asleep. Let's hope the little buggar doesn't keep this schedule up, lol! Maybe have your party around 8 instead?? :)

No comments: