Tuesday, August 11, 2009

18 weeks and counting

Well really not much to update. We are waiting for our "big" scan on Friday. I'm starting to feel more "regular" movements. About every other day or so now. Before it was weeks between the little flutters. I can't wait to feel them everyday, won't feel the need to pull that doppler out with as much regularity, lol.

Things are well. It was a frustrating day for me. I think it must have been hormones as things really weren't "bad" or anything really out of the ordinary. But just those regular things were annoying me to no end and I found myself with the overwhelming desire to curl up into a little ball and just cry my eyes out. With 18 weeks down, only 22 to go. Almost halfway there and I can get my body back to normal. Is there really ever a thing after a pregnancy? I guess we'll see, lol.

So Shrimp at 18 weeks:

Head to rump your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs - movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they are still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you in an ultrasound.


Ok, bed time now. Bye bye!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Hi Lisa, I wanted to thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I knew I had little guardian angels that had me in their prayers without knowing me at all and I'm so happy you were on of them. I see you are 18 weeks along it must be so nice to start feeling the movements. I was saying this to other bloggers, I have redescovered my faith recently, I don't think I really ever lost it but I certainly found it difficult to accept some priests' opinions let's say. More recently, I found that praying gives me peace, i feel safer if that's make sense. Please stop by again if you feel like, or drop me an email if you'd like to chat. I'm hoping things will work out fine for us this time, but even if they aren't, I hope my deepend faith will help me to be strong. Love, Fran