Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beginning of August - 17 weeks!

Wow, can't believe it's August. Already. This year seems to have gone by so quickly and I have only been pregnant for 4 out of the 8 months down already. Crazy!

Not much to report. Have started the whole stretching pains so I can only assume that Shrimp is going through quite a growth spurt. The stretching pains were pretty constant from Friday through Monday but have only been sporadic today. Finally got some sleep last night but then I woke up and had to pee, of course. And then my "I'm awake" hormones kicked in and I had trouble getting back to sleep. Also, at work today, I had a tiny fall on my bum. Scared me more than anything but I think all is ok. I was trying to sit down in a chair and it fell out from under me (I must have sat on the very edge or something) but I had my hands firmly on the table as I was pulling the chair in to scoot up to the desk so when it fell, I was able to slow the decent. So really just ended up sitting down on my bum a little harder than I would have normally had I been trying to sit on the floor, lol. But definitely made me more aware of what I was doing and I slowed down a lot more after that.

So where is Shrimp at 17 weeks:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord - her lifeline to the placenta - is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip) and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Until next week. I think it's bedtime for me.

No comments: