Friday, August 7, 2009

I've learned

That Shrimp is going to be ornery like his father and uncles! How do I know this when I have yet to feel much movement or physical indication at just over 17 weeks? Because the last few times I have attempted to find the heartbeat on my home doppler it's been a frustrating experience! Shrimp is not where I expect him/her to be and then when I finally do find the heartbeat, Shrimp moves moments later so I lose the heartbeat!! And I am getting loads of movement noise on the doppler. So ornery and a bundle of energy.

That leaves me asking...what did I get myself into?

At the same time, I'm looking forward to the laughs that is bound to come by watching this little one.

Oh, and Andrew had his first day at his new school today. I'm totally thrilled to hear their philosophy on work/life balance. He was told outright and bluntly that he is expected to have his priorities straight. And those priorities are: #1. God, #2. family, #3. work. So this means that he will definitely be able to come to our big scan next Friday. Which we were worried about because of asking for time off in your first week at a new job is never a good idea. So yay, God! I am really thinking we are exactly where we need to be in this stage in our lives and for the arrival of this new little one.

No comments: