Sunday, July 15, 2012

What I love about you, Elisa Grace



There are so many things, that they are impossible to list.  But a few have been going around in my head.

1.  I love how compassionate you are.  I try so hard to show you how much I love you that when you turn that around on me, it floors me.  I love holding you and playing with your hair, so when you decided last night to return the favor, I have never felt more loved in my life.
2.  The conversations we have had with you lately.  You are so bossy but at the moment it's adorable.  A few of the gems:

As your father goes outside to check on something. "Daddy!  Get back in here, it's too hot out there!  1-2-3!  Daddy!  Get back inside!"  (just for reference, we use the 1-2-3 on her when she's not listening and misbehaving so it totally cracked us up when she tried to use it on us!)

"Daddy!  Get out of my room, mommy's changing my diaper!"

"Mommy, the suns up so I can't sleep!  I only sleep when the moon is up."

"I'm not a crazy man!  I'm a big boy!"

"I don't want to go to the store, I want to go to the airport!"  As we head to the airport, "No, I don't want to go to the airport I want to go to the store!"

When she first heard my voice after returning from my last trip, you exclaimed "Mommy, you came off the airplane!"

3.  You love your brother and as much as you sometimes bully him and yell at him, you really do miss him when he's gone.  Whenever he goes for a grandma and me day, you keep asking where brother is.
4.  You have figured out how to talk on the phone and ask to call your grandma or grandpa.  And then actually converse with them on the phone.  Your one-sided conversations are so cute.  You also figured out how to speak to mommy on skype and kept asking daddy to "talk to mommy on the computer!"
5.  The way you wrap your little arms around our neck and give real hugs and kisses. 

There are so many things I just can't think of them all.  I'm so glad to have been blessed with you.  You are so beautiful, both inside and out.  I just look at you and can't help but think of the song "Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz

"There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you"

Even with your cheese smile and your onion breath ;), you will always be the most gorgeous girl I know.


 

1 comment:

An said...

I love when I will accidently bump into her and she says, "I sorry, Mr. Daddy."