Sunday, July 22, 2012

One of "those" moments

I had one of "those" moments the other day.  You know, the one where you realize that things could have been so different.

But it wasn't in a bad way.  It's hard to explain, but you see I was cuddling my baby girl as she was getting ready for bed and it suddenly dawned on me just how close I came to not having this moment.  How close I came to not having this at all.

And my heart swelled and the tears flowed and I was overwhelmed with my love for this little girl.

You see, the "should have beens, would have beens, could have beens" can both ways.

She "should" have been born 11 weeks after she was.  But she wasn't.  And because she wasn't, she "could have" died.  Or she "could have" been severely affected for the rest of her life.

But she wasn't.

Instead she lived and thrived.

Really, what more can I ask for?  I have an almost three year old who, at the moment, is just like every other almost three year old (including the stubborn, independent, boundary pushing, tantrum throwing bossiness that comes along with the age) except she has a very unique beginning.

No comments: