Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby book

Yeah. I finally got around to doing Elisa's baby book.

You are probably going...she's almost 19 months old? You are just NOW getting to it?

Yup. I am finally at the place where I can go in and fill out "first months milestones" without wanting to bury my face in my hands and bawl. Milestones such as "learned to eat from the bottle" or "stopped having bradycardia" weren't as painful to write down. I don't think I was emotionally able to handle filling out milestones when in the beginning, she was so far behind and that wasn't how I imagined myself filling the book out when I bought it.

There are a lot of holes in her book, and I just think there will always be. You can't really fit her story into a pre-printed baby book meant for the typical delivery. Plus, the older she gets, the more my memories of when things happened fades.

So I am just waiting for the photos to be printed and then I can call it "complete." And it feels great. Now Elisa can look back at her unique story when she is older, and I hope she reads it and realizes just how special she is.

No comments: