Friday, September 10, 2010

Playtime!

So...

I'm LOVING this new stage we are in. It really is a lot of fun. Elisa has finally learned to really crawl. We are ALL over the place and exploring this new found world. We love to be in the kitchen when mommy and daddy are in there. Thankfully we haven't yet tried to figure out the cabinets but will just crawl over and wonder around mommy and daddy's feet.

But this has led to some really neat play times. Now, as I work, I get glimpses of a little head poking around the corner of daddy's lay-z-boy and grinning before ducking back in. Or a mad dash for one of our toys that caught our eyes. We like to dodge underneath mommy's blanket as she props her legs on the coffee table and will go back and forth underneath and I occasionally she will peak up over the edge of the seat to see if she caught my attention. Or crawling over to a toy and learning how to make it work and then being shocked when we actually get it. And yesterday, after a rough day, we played peek-a-boo around the corner of the coffee table. I would crawl out around the corner, catch her eye, exclaim "boo!" and then sneak back out of site. She would crawl forward a little bit to see where mommy went and then break out into a smile when she found me.

These little joys really make it all worth it.

No comments: