Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I didn't realize...

...I'd be so sick. Morning, noon and night, filled with either nausea, exhaustion or muscle aches and pains. Nights filled with sleeplessness. Some women are lucky and fly through their pregnancy. At this point, I'm thinking I'm not going to be so lucky, as the further along I get, the SICKER I get. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I am not thrilled to be here. Because I am. I may not be relishing in the illness, but I would be devastated if it went away for, well, a sad reason. Now if I do get lucky and as the weeks move on, it begins to get better, I'll be singing in the streets!

So, update. Nothing really new to report. Had our first "normal" appointment Monday afternoon, but it was just a long session of questions about family history and our health history. They also handed us a packet of "stuff" and paperwork out the ying yang. I can't even begin to read it, it's so daunting. We go back next week for our first actual appointment with the OB-GYN. I won't get another scan until I'm past 20 weeks. :( So have to wait 8 weeks. Guess I'll have to content myself with my home doppler, which we've now managed to find the heartbeat with twice. I'd rather see the little buggar and the growth since our last scan 4 weeks ago!!!

So we are week 12 as of yesterday. If you care...here's where Shrimp is at now:

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Oh, and some wonderful friends sent me a pregnancy devotional book. You know who you are, and I appreciate it greatly. I can't wait to dig in and get started with it.

No comments: