Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's about time

I get over myself and wrap my arms around the fact that this is REALLY going to happen. I've been sitting here for the last 11 weeks or so convincing myself that the other shoe was going to drop so that when it did, it wouldn't hurt as much. Today's appointment made me realize that this is REALLY happening and I had better get on the ball!

I had my first actual ob appointment with my ob doc today (last week was just the nurse and informational). They didn't do much really, just went over the testing, etc again and took out their handy dandy doppler to find the h/b. Was awesome to find out that what we had thought was the h/b was and I finally have a h/b rate! It's only been 13 weeks, but sheesh. Rate was at 160! So it's still going strong, and I'm 13 weeks and there's only 27 to go and and ok I'm glad I'm getting to this point NOW and not 20 weeks down the line, lol!

So, where is Shrimp at now. Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Notice how Shrimp is now described as being the size of a medium shrimp?! See, I'm not insane after all. Shrimp is a shrimp!!

Ok so insanity is probably found in the eye of the beholder. Oh well.

No comments: