Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Return of...

my energy! I didn't think it'd come back after how it seemed I was getting sicker as the days went by rather than better. But, I am now back up to the energy levels I had before we became pregnant and now actually have the motivation to clean my house and cook dinner and do all of those things that I used to be right on top of but have just simply lacked the energy to do. Next step is to get back to my walking.

So, now that we are 15 weeks, I thought it'd be kinda cool to showcase all three of the ultrasounds that I've had so you can see the amazing difference in Shrimp. So to start, here is Shrimp at 6 weeks and 2 days:



And again at 8 weeks and 2 days:


As you can see there was a big difference in just two weeks! Although Shrimp doesn't quite look like a baby yet you can see the beginning of the arms and legs and a definite head.

So now....here's Shrimp at 14 weeks and 6 days:


All I can say is WOW. Such a difference 6 weeks makes. Shrimp has long long legs so wondering if they are going to end up being a long skinny baby like I was. Also the "beak" appendage by the nose is the hand. Shrimp is not, so far, exhibiting the Thiele nose. Love you all! :-D. But we spent about 15 minutes scanning the little Shrimp and rudely awoke him/her from their nap. Shrimp turned over several times and kicked out as we took some measurements. I can't wait till the big big scan come August 14th, and this one I get to record. Wonder if I'll be able to post it here...hmmm I'll have to check that out, lol.

So Shrimp at 15 weeks:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!

Re-reading this makes me wonder how they found out some of this stuff. Did someone decide to ultrasound a baby while shining a flashlight at the belly? And how long did they do that? And what about the taste buds? Seriously? Trying to wrap my mind around how they would know this, not like at this point you can take the baby out and give it food to see if it reacts??

The scan, as I said, went well. No word on what the infection was, but it had no ill effects on Shrimp and has since cleared up. And...I've managed to talk Andrew into waiting to find out if Shrimp is a he or she until it's born, yippeee!! So hopefully I can also talk him into updating this when we go in to have Shrimp so you can get the news as fast as possible.

So anyway, that's the dealio. By the way, I've noticed that if you are reading these on Facebook, my pictures don't seem to be importing. So if you want to see the pictures, just visit my actual blog: www.4kingz.blogspot.com

Alright, 15 more minutes on my lunch break. Wonder if I should sneak in a cat nap? ;)

No comments: