Monday, March 25, 2019

Don't Stop, Can't Stop, Won't Stop






Lately, I've been unable to sit still.  I can't stop moving.  I'm cleaning, or painting, or organizing.  We are mostly done with one big project (replacing the doors in the house) and I can't stop planning for the next (landscaping and cleaning the backyard and remodeling a bathroom.) 

I laughingly joked to myself the other day if there was an "addiction anoynomous" for home updating.  Because I just can't stop.





Then at a recent annual well-check for myself, and they give you that ridiculous self-assessment form with a million different questions that ask the same thing but in different ways, one question stuck out to me.  It was on a form to assess your anxiety levels and it asked if you feel the need to be in constant motion.

Well.  Yes.

I mean, I knew the reason I kept moving was to keep myself from stopping and thinking because if I did the weight of it might crush me.  But I never associated it with anxiety.  It makes complete sense, in hindsight.  The question is, what do you do about it?

A friend posted this image this morning and it completely resonated with me.  They need to add the constantly moving, ha!  But do you see anxiety in your life?  What are you doing about it?


No comments: