Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

Today is a day we celebrate all the things we are thankful for.

And though it is sometimes hard to remember all of the blessings we have, especially in those times where it feels like life is doing its best to bring you down, it can be helpful to be reminded of what you do have.

But today, we spent with my family.  As I was rocking my youngest to sleep, I was listening to my oldest having a conversation with her grandmother in the other room.

I don't remember exactly what she was saying.  But I remember just being in awe at the intelligence in her statements.   And how observant she was.

And it brought me back to this picture 7 years ago.


And how little we knew of what the future held and how scared we were.  She still wasn't eating much by bottle and we had no idea of what her long term issues would be (if any.)

I just had to smile, looking back on it.  And how thankful I am that it turned out the way that it did.  And how thankful I am that she is in my life, the lessons she's taught me.  And continues to teach me.







No comments: