Wednesday, November 2, 2016

This kid. Oh how I love her.

She truly is so smart and aware, even if she doesn't want to share.



It's been a rough couple of days for me and I was just at my emotional end this evening and she was not in a good mood. We fought, and battled, and argued. Every night, I pray with her before she goes to sleep and tonight I started bawling in the middle of it. Her concern was immediate, and like a light switch. All posturing, stubbornness, anger towards me disappeared from her little body and you could see her face immediately become very concerned. She asked me why I was crying and I tried my best to explain how much I loved her and how much I hated fighting with her.  Her answer?

"Mom, it's ok.  Sometimes you just push my buttons and sometimes I push yours.  I don't mean to do mean things to you, you just push my buttons sometimes."

And then she finished up with this, as I cried even more,

"Now, go hug your husband."

The tears of sadness were immediately replaced with those of laughter.

How is it that one so small could know just how to make things better?  

I hope she knows, truly knows, just how special she is.

No comments: