Monday, April 22, 2013

Vacation

I really do take those...you know?  I mean, I really do.  I may not be good at taking very many of them but they do happen lol!

So this last weekend we packed up the car and I took a half day off of work (gasp!) and headed to St. Louis to see my high school best friend and, hopefully, her new baby boy.  Silly me...you know.  Women regularly go past 37 weeks in their pregnancies.  Unlike me lol.  But the trip was well worth it, even if we didn't get to meet the little guy.

Aidan drove, don'tcha know?


We spent a lot of time swimming.  (Not too many pictures of this.  I was NOT bringing my camera into that pool area lol)


And Elisa got the "royal" treatment from her brother.


And hugs from goats.

And they gave her kisses back.  (Or rather, decided her hair was tasty.)



Aidan, however, wasn't so sure of these crazy things.  I think he was remembering the last time he saw them and they chewed on his fingers. 


But after a bit, he warmed up to them and decided to "baptize" them with his bottle.  After, of course, he tried a bit for himself (UGH.)


(Aidan is chasing a goat in this one to baptize him.  I need to get more aggressive when we are in crowds, I'm always afraid to get others in the shot.  For that same reason I hardly got any pictures this weekend since we were ALWAYS in crowded areas.)


"This is fun, ma!"

We finished up the weekend by having lunch with another of our old high school friends.  You know you are getting old when you are talking about over 10 years ago and now ALL of you have kids and some of you have multiple kids!  And what a rarity to get to see two old high school friends in one weekend!  I hope to be able to do it again soon, seeing as how it's unusual for there to be so many of us in one geographical area.  But maybe we should make it a point!

Here are just some randoms.  Nothing great, I had lots of interesting lighting to work with that I couldn't quite figure out how to adjust my settings for.  And then at the petting zoo, my camera kept telling me, no matter what settings I had it on, that it was just too bright.  Not sure what that was about....Oh well.





No comments: