Monday, April 8, 2013

The need for

Speed?

It seems life can be a blur.  Quickly moving from one day to the next.  One moment to the next.

There just isn't enough time in the day to capture it all.  Between work, caring for family, taking care of the myriad tasks to do around the house, trying to be PRESENT, and trying to capture it all on film, it seems something always falls to the wayside.



And honestly I don't even know where I'm going with this any more.  It started out pretty introspective.  An internal dialog trying to encompass just how much there is to life and just how fast it goes by.  You know, the normal stuff of a mom trying to deal with life with two children 3 and under, and working.


The reminder to be present.


But you know what? The only thing I could think, or even plea, in my exhausted state is that I just want to enjoy my children. I don't want to spend my limited time with them annoyed with the whining, bossiness, constant changing of minds and the fits that result from NOT giving them that hot dog after they asked for a grilled cheese and you made it and then they refuse to eat it. I just want to play with them without being bitten, and squashed, and jumped on. Is it me? Are my expectations too high?

Honestly, I don't know. All I can do is try keep moving forward and keep trying. Look for those little moments. When they randomly ask for some hugs. When they give you slobbery kisses on your nose. Or blow raspberries on your belly.

No comments: