Thursday, March 7, 2013

Things I want to remember - Aidan

1.  How once you get the idea that we are going somewhere, you find your shoes and bring them to us. Insist we put them on you immediately to make sure we take you with you, you are so afraid you are going to be left out.

2.  You just have to do everything mommy, daddy or sister does.  Just yesterday, I was dipping my crackers in some milk, so you had to join in.  And not only dip your cracker but your entire chubby little hand.

3.  The way you search me out.  No matter what you are doing, you have to find me and make sure I'm still there.

4.  The way you run to me when I walk in the room and wrap your chubby arms around my leg.

5. How you lay your head on my shoulder and snuggle in when you are ready for bed.

6.  Your simple, contagious joy over discovering the word "ball."

7.  How expressive your face is.

8.  How your cheek dimples when you smile.

9.  The way you bring me "presents" while I'm working.  Walk up to the office door, tap on it to show me your toy and wait for my exclamations over it to walk away and continue on your way.  Or you insist on sharing your drink, your snack or your paci with me.

10.  How you stroke my arm as if to comfort me when I am trying to comfort you.






No comments: