Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pinch me?

Today was just one of those days that had that "dreamy" feel to it.  Like this is how your life was supposed to be.  Just here, now.  Like you can't believe this is your life.


I mean, it's not like we even did anything special.  We had two gorgeous days in a row that just called for you to go outside and play.  Yesterday was much cooler than today, but still, we took advantage of it and went outside.  And played.   Before that, we cleaned, we straightened, we organized.


I felt like I was "sprung," and more than just in a literal sense in that I was outside of the house, but like I had finally been released of the weight that I'd carried for so long.  I didn't entirely know it was there.  Until it was gone.


And now that it's gone, I can see again.  I can feel again.  I can play, and laugh again.


Even in those moments that come along where you are frustrated with kids, and life and work and everything, it helps to know there are moments like this that can make it all right again.


I have energy again.  Laughter.  A hobby.





No comments: