Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 months and decisions

2 months old today!

And miracle of miracles...I managed to get pictures taken today AND post them. Wow. Maybe we ARE seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Aidan wasn't as happy with his crib today, but we did get him in twice. Actually, he did go down around 7:30 into his crib and is still in there! I'm so happy! And can't wait until we can make this a habit so Andrew and I can have our "adult" time back.

Almost getting smiles out of him now that he's no longer as fussy. He's kinda fun to be around sometimes too. :) And, we enjoyed some time in the swing today. Actually fell asleep!

Tomorrow is his 2 month check up and I am NOT looking forward to it. I know his weight will be awesome and fully expect him to have reached 11 lbs. He was 10lb 13oz on Monday, so definitely not out of the picture to be 11 by tomorrow. Plus you should SEE the rolls on this kid during his bath. It's crazy!!

But tomorrow we get our first vaccines. And this kid has FINALLY been showing us some good moods. I am not looking forward to a cranky kid again. UGH.

Getting sleepy!!

Also, I've come to sort of a "decision" with the breast feeding. I am still going to breast feed, but I am no longer going to worry about making sure I am EXCLUSIVELY breast feeding him. If I have to give him a bottle for my sanity, so be it. I'll try to pump for each bottle but I have got to take care of myself. If I run out of pumped milk, well, he will get a bottle of formula, and I will not feel guilty about it. So much of the guilt from Elisa's pregnancy and then not being able to breast feed her like I wanted is apparently lingering. I've had a few "minor" goals, and so far I've met them all. 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks. Now 3 months. My ultimate goal is 6 months when I can release myself from any guilt at quitting.

Well mister is making his presence known so I had better go get him. Someday soon he'll sleep through the night, right?

No comments: