Sunday, October 31, 2010

What I've learned

In a year.

I've had many ideas of what this post will look like throughout the weeks. I've been thinking, and planning it since our 11 month "birthday."

But honestly, I don't know what to say. There are many "questions." Like, what does a year look like to a baby that is really 9.5 months old developmentally. And to be honest...I don't know.

I think if I've learned anything over these last few days especially...it's that I'm just going to take things as they come. Where is she developmentally? I don't know. And I don't care. She's happy. She's healthy. Yes she is still taking mainly formula. And from a bottle. She has no interest in a sippy. Or most solid foods. I'll ask the pediatrician on our year appointment when we should really push the solids and sippy and other one year old things but otherwise...she's happy and healthy.

As we were flying home from DC yesterday, I found myself becoming increasingly sentimental as I looked at her beautiful face as she slept peacefully on my shoulder. And I thought about how far we've come. When we got home and uploaded our DC pictures, we came across ones taken one year ago today...Halloween of 2009.







You don't really realize how far she's come...until you are reminded of where she was.



She is, and always will be, my rock star.

She wasn't supposed to be born when she was. She wasn't supposed to breathe at that time on her own. She wasn't supposed to eat when she did. She came home before she was supposed to be able to.

I could list so many things she wasn't supposed to do, that she did.

I love you baby girl. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you physically can't do something. You've already proven you can do way more.

No comments: