Friday, April 24, 2009

Strange Coincidence?

While I am not a real big believer in a lot of the personality tests that you find on the web or through social networking sites like Facebook, I do find myself taking a lot of them. I think it just comes from boredom and the fact that there are times when I just want to not think, like I usually have to do when I read. So, here are the results of one such personality test:

Blues are the most caring, nurturing and protective personalities in the color-spectrum. They live out of their hearts and their emotions. Their life purpose is to serve, help and love others. Blues have an inner knowledge and wisdom and they feel and know what is right without needing facts or data for substantiation. The moment they become quiet inside, they will recognize or hear an inner voice or guidance, which will tell them what to do. They can easily tune into other people and feel precisely what is going on. Blues are the most emotional of all the color personalities. They often feel lost if they don't have the opportunity to clear their way through their intense jungle of deep feelings. Helpful activities for Blues would include talking with friends about their inner life, writing a journal or just being quiet so their intense emotions can calm down.

As I read through this again today, I am just so struck with the truth to this result. Especially today. And especially recently. I have really been struggling with some intense emotions and reactions to things going on around me that I can't control. I definitely can sense the emotions of others, even if I can't tell exactly what emotion they are feeling, I can tell that they are in the grip of something or that something just isn't right. I definitely don't need facts or data for substantiation of what I believe/know. I just know and I don't question. Don't ask why, I honestly couldn't explain it to you. Kind of hard to get people to understand my POV when I can't explain why I think that way, lol. I also feel lost at the moment, because I can't seem to wade my way through this jungle of deep feelings. I can't seem to take one apart from the other in order to assess it and then "fix" it.

Anyway, just found it interesting that this one really seemed to be right on target for me. I guess sometimes they are right, huh?

No comments: