Sunday, October 7, 2007

Another week down

Well hello there. I know, I know, it's been awhile, but hey! I've been busy. I had three days off to recover from AstriCon before heading back to work and during that time, Andrew decided to share his cold with me. You know, I understand the idea behind sharing, and I'm all FOR sharing in most cases. But this one? He coulda kept it.

So anyway, it's been a very uneventful week. The most exciting thing that happened was on Tuesday, when I went to do a load of laundry, the washing machine quit working on me. Of course when Andrew gets home and I show it to him, what does it do? Work perfectly. Figures. Oh well, we decided it was about time to get a new set anyway. Our dryer was probably 20 years old and the washer about 10 and missing a foot anyway. So Tuesday we bought the new set and it was delivered on Saturday. And let me tell you. We are a couple of dorks. You know what we did? We sat down in the laundry room and watched as the machine did the first load. And I mean watched. And walked out of the room and closed the door to see how quiet it was. And then back in to lift the lid to see what it was doing then. Yes, we are dorks. Ahh well, it's not like we get new things often, if ever. This is only the 2nd new appliance we've purchased, the first being our stove and then, how interesting is that???

So I'll sign off now. Back to watching "Hot Pursuit" and the dumb things people do when trying to run from cops.

Lisa

No comments: