Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rainy Saturday

Ok so our daily blogging is severely lacking. Sorry!! I won't promise to get better, only because I know I probably won't be able to. I don't have enough to report on anyway, so you'll just have to live with once a week! :)

So another uneventful week. Andrew and I decided to have a date night. I can't remember the last time we did that, but it was definitely a good idea. Dinner and a movie and some shopping! :) We saw The Heartbreak Kid. Honestly would not recommend it. I felt it was a sad description of our society today. All about this guy who is over 40 and not married yet. Meets a girl who seems very nice, but after 6 weeks, marries her and they leave for their honeymoon. Now the entire premise of the movie is that she becomes a horror and he quickly decides he made a mistake. Now, with the exception of some questionable sex and grooming habits, nothing she does, in my mind, indicates a horror! She gets very sunburned out of stubbornness (ok who of us HAVEN'T refused to do something our spouse or significant other said we should out of sheer stubbornness?) She has a deviated septum, which he later finds out was from a previous coke habit and she doesn't actually have a job, but volunteers instead. And that's it! In my opinion, none of those are deal breakers! Those are the things you accept about a person when you choose to enter into a life with them! Ah well, maybe I'm strange. Maybe that's why my marriage will last? Anyway, the night was a good night and I really enjoyed it!

Today was a cool, rainy day. Very rainy. Probably around 4 inches of rain fell around our house today. Which stinks, because we haven't had the dirt work around our house done yet, so we had water in our basement for the 2nd time this year! We actually have a person coming to do the dirt work, but he must have gotten caught on a job he was doing this week so hasn't had a chance to get out to our house yet. I seriously hope that solves our problem so that we can finally finish the basement off! It will be so nice once it's done! On the upside, it's completely dry already.

I wanted to post the video below. When you get a chance, check it out. These children are extremely creative. I just bawled when I watched it. They really have the essence of it down. I remember well being their age and thinking I had it all figured out! :) Then life happened, but I certainly hope they do much better at hanging in there.




Anyway, enjoy! I wish all of you the best. Keep in touch.

Lisa

No comments: