Sunday, September 15, 2013

Letters to Our Daughter - September 15, 2013

Dear E,

So today kind of crept up on me.

You see, it's so hard to believe where we are.

4 years ago, I finally made one of the "final" milestones I was looking for with you.  You were viable.  If things went wrong now, I knew you'd have a good chance to live.  Wouldn't be the best odds...but at least you'd live.

Because after having lost two before you...I never believed I'd have you too.

And then...then you came.  So early and so small and I didn't know if I'd ever see the day that you'd walk.  Or talk.

Or go to school.


I worried.  As all moms do.  I wasn't sure you were ready.  You were excited and held no such qualms.  Didn't even notice when we left the room.



Your day must have been ok.  You didn't say much about it when you came home and you readily went back the next time.  I didn't get a call from the teacher (which I thoroughly expected.  Since, you know, you are so nice to your brother.)

You've had many firsts so far.  And many more to come.  And I'm excited and sad to see them all at once.

Love you baby girl.  For no matter how much I get angry at you.  Or how frustrated I get.  Or how big you get.  You will always be my baby girl.


To see other letters to our daughters, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the color in the last photo. Cute pics!