Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I love about you, Elisa.


The older you grow, the harder it is to put what you mean to me into words.  For those very qualities that have made you who you are, are the very same ones that cause me grief.  And not because they are bad qualities, but because they are the very same qualities that I have.

1.  You are extremely opinionated.  Which plate you use, what food you eat, what shoes you wear, how your hair is done and IF your hair is done.  I am always having to pick my battles with you for all too often we end up in a battle.
2.  You are extremely stubborn.  You give me a run for my money.  Which is saying a lot.  Anyone who knows me well knows I can stick my feet on the ground and I don't budge for anything.  We can go for hours with our horns locked and neither of us moving.
3.  You are a social butterfly.  Now here is one that isn't quite me unless I'm in the right circumstances and with the right people.  This is more your father.  You have no fear of being accepted.  You know who you are and you have no concern about someone not liking you.  And even if they don't, you just move on.
4.  You are persistent.  Even if that other little kid doesn't like you immediately, you stick to their side until they decide you are ok to play with.
5.  You love worms.  Yes, worms.  And beg your daddy to take you outside and dig around in the dirt until you have a large collection.  You name each one.  Mommy worm, daddy worm, baby worm, and set them right outside the door so you can see them while you are inside.  You "over love" them often until your worms are no longer a part of this world but you don't seem to mind.
6.  You are a complete and total daddy's girl.  :)
7.  You have no fear.  Even the biggest roller coaster in the park isn't too much for you.  You race headlong into each new adventure.



You are growing up way too fast and I constantly find myself looking at you and wondering where my baby went?  I love you baby girl.

No comments: