Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wordless Wednesday

Or not so wordless.

This has a very personal meaning for me lately.  Since becoming a mother I've spent a lot of time being accepted...as well as rejected and judged for not doing things the same way another mother would have done it.

If there is one thing I've learned...it's that every mother, every child and every family is different.  There are not too many "right" or "wrong" ways of parenting.  There are some, but the majority are not black and white definitely good and definitely bad ways.

You, as the parent, need to decide what works best for YOU and YOUR family.

Whether you breast feed or formula feed.  CIO or no CIO.  Co-sleep or no co-sleep.  Organic or non-organic.  Forward face or extend rear face.  Whatever it is...do your research and decide what works best for YOU.

And screw what the rest of the world thinks.


1 comment:

The Blakes said...

SERIOUSLY! Preach it sister! I hate when women are so judgmental of other moms because they dont do what they think is the right way to parent. I read the other day on BBC a girl said that if you dont extend rear face your child you dont love them!! I was like seriously, who says that?!

I've learned that I just have to cut negative people like that out of my life because all it does it bring you down. I need friends that lift and support me, not make me feel like I dont love my kid. :)