Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It happens

This weekend, as I lay my baby down to sleep, I was rocking him to the words of the song "Blink."  This time of year is a particularly stressful and traumatic time of year.  It was even before all of the "anniversaries" related with Elisa just happened to occur during this season.  I have spent the last 5 or 6 years entering September and wishing I could wake up in November and forgetting all of the stress and trauma. 

And it creates a bit of a conundrum for me.   And makes me realize just how FAST time is moving it seems.


I mean, I just look at this kid in his high chair and can't help but think about how OLD he looks.

He definitely doesn't look like my baby anymore.


And hard to believe that just a year ago he was still in my belly causing me all sorts of wonderful havoc.

What about this child?

I mean, I swear just yesterday we were just getting used to the idea that we were really having a baby this time.  And now we are approaching three?  And she has grown so much in the last year.

Or was this really mother's day last year?

And Aidan was just becoming a reality.

If I slept through the next two months, I'd wake up with a 3 year old and an 11 month old, soon to be one year old.

Before I know it, I will wake up with a 13 year old and an 11 year old.  Or a 23 year old and a 21 year old.

"It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash, it happens in the time it takes to look back.  I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time, what is it I've done with my life."

Do I really want to wake up and miss all of these moments?



No comments: