Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shoulda been birthday party

One year ago today, shoulda been our birthday.

As you know, it wasn't. But this date will always be a date I'll remember. I really don't think I'll ever "forget" it even though it really has no special event to it.

But, thanks to a comment from a friend, that said Elisa has two birthdays..and were we making her a cake...I thought, why not? She couldn't have cake at her birthday party or on her birthday...so let's give her a "shoulda been birthday" cake.

So we did!









We remained remarkably clean! I was expecting all out chaos and messiness. I guess she inherited my odd compulsion to NOT get myself messy.

We did, however, enjoy the cake. Even if it did mean a very cranky, non-afternoon napping baby.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Good Job on the cake Mommy! HAPPY SHOULDA BEEN YOUR BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!

Love,
Lily!