Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Iowa Baby Shower #1

To start off, I just want to say that for the record, on my last post, no one actually said anything to me. I've just felt judged by total strangers who don't know what we've been through and think it's odd to see such an aware, active what they think is a 4 month old. So while they don't say anything to me, I just have the feeling they are looking at me like "what have you DONE to that child?"

Ok, now onto the real subject matter. :) We went up for the first of our belated baby showers from Andrew's family back in Iowa. We had a BLAST. We stayed with Andrew's grandmother, and you could just tell we made her weekend by staying with her. She even made us breakfast! She is such a sweet woman, reminds me a lot of my grandmother. I'm glad to have a grandmother figure still in our lives.

My parents came up with us because our host family was visiting the area and planned to come to the shower! We couldn't wait to see them again! Yes, they really do exist! Here's a picture of Elisa with her "Aunt" Marcia:



It's a little blurry, but is the least blurry out of all of them, lol. Little miss moves around a lot and my camera has trouble keeping up with it...I either need a better camera or I need to learn to operate it better....Oh well.

We had a "gift" for my Grandpa King. We decided we REALLY love you when we POOP on you. Grandpa King's had a nice surprise on his arm as we were cuddling after having our favorite green beans...



Can you tell we were eating green beans?

We also got to visit my Great-Grandpa King for the first time. We showed off of course.



And got lots of cuddle time with my Aunt Val! Aunt Val helped Grandma King take care of me when I went on my first business trip after coming back to work.



We got lots of great clothes and even more fun toys to play with. We had a lot of fun but at the same time were glad to be home again. :) We look forward to round #2 in a few weeks!

No comments: