Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Letters to our daughers - January 15, 2014

Dear E,


I sit here and wonder what to say to you.  Usually words just come to me.  I don't have to struggle or reach for them when I'm writing.  Speaking is another story, but writing is just so natural for me.


We are on the brink of a big milestone for us.  In a few months we will finally go "back."  After 4 years, I will be able to show you the place you were born.  The people who were so instrumental in your survival.


Who, at the end of the day, gave me you.  In all your stubborn glory.  And vibrant personality.  A beautiful heart.


So I'll watch you sleep when I can.  And thank God for every moment with you.  You might frustrate me, anger me, leave me curled up in a corner bawling my eyes out, but I will never, ever regret any moment spent with you.


Be sure to meet Nicole and read her letter to her baby girl.

1 comment:

mindy b. said...

Beautiful images and a sweet story, Lisa! :)