Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Budding artist?

Yesterday while working on dinner, we set Elisa up with her whiteboard and marker. She loves to color, draw, any of that. Andrew sat down in his chair and I turned around to open up some more of the items needed. When I looked back over at her, I saw this.



My first thought was that Andrew got up and helped her. But then I realized I would have heard that. I mean she was just feet away from where I was. I could hear her muttering to herself about how she was drawing "daddy" and then watched as she made the second face and narrated that she was drawing "brother."

And all I could think was WOW. I mean, she's barely three. Should she even be able to do this?

And this happened after we were asked TWICE in two days if she was in speech therapy. Since, according to these people, she needs it.

Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. Regardless, I was floored by this. I don't think I could draw this well and I'm 32.

No comments: