Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Energy?

I think it came back a little bit? After my appointment on Friday I was released back to "normal" activities and I spent a very busy weekend. Saturday was the first day in our new church building that is all ours. I'm so excited because we were able to paint and decorate in the way that we want! Plus it's totally ours so we can have meetings in it whenever we want and not have to "rent" it again. So we are in the midst of modifying the space and I can't wait to get down and really get it decorated.

Anyway, I got off topic a bit. Saturday and Sunday were both very busy days but my energy level held up very well. Sunday I was even able to get the kitchen cleaned, laundry folded and put away, flowers trimmed and lawn clippings picked up (Andrew mowed the lawn) as well as church in the morning and lunch with friends. Of course, by the time 8 pm came around I was dead. I was so tired that I actually started hurting. So Andrew had to finish the ironing and I laid down in bed. Work also has been very busy but thankfully, with the return of the energy, I've been able to handle it and keep up the pace. But let me tell you, by the time 5 pm comes around, I'm wasted. I've not been able to take a mid day nap over my lunch breaks, there just hasn't been time. I think I'm feeling it a bit.

So anyway, Shrimp is doing well it seems. Has found some vital organs and enjoys kicking those. I think Shrimp is having fun making me jump. Shrimp will issue one strong well placed kick when I'm not expecting it and kicks hard enough and some organ dead on that I actually jump and give a startled "ouch!" Hasn't found the bladder yet though. So that's a plus.

Shrimp at 23 weeks:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now - such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner - probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

17 weeks to go. Bring it on!

No comments: