Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend

Wow, has it been a busy few weeks. It seems like just yesterday, it was the beginning of August. I can hardly believe that tomorrow is September. And Labor Day is just way to early in September this year.

Well as stated above, it's been hectic around here. I've been on the road far more than I think I could handle. It started out the 2nd week in August with a trip to Chicago for a trade show training seminar. While I learned a lot of excellent information and useful tips for work, that was 4 days out of the office. I did have some time for leisure where I visited with my "namesake." My mother's best friend from her childhood. We had a wonderful time with dinner and a little tour around downtown Chicago. I decided that Chicago is a nice place to visit, but I definitely would not want to live there. Thursday, the last day there, I had what can only be described as an "episode" where I decided that I just had to get home and right away. The seminar was over at noon but my flight was not until 9pm. But in my agitated state, I booked it to the airport and managed to catch a 2pm flight. Was so happy to be home I just bawled once I walked in the door. That week was also Andrew's last week of freedom!

The next week, third week in August, I again was out for the first three days. But this time I was in Huntsville for meetings. Andrew started his first week as a paraeducator. But, he found out by Wednesday that they were offering him a full time teaching position, to begin the next Monday. We were thrilled! But so began the preparations. We spent the weekend setting up his classroom as best we could.

Then comes this past week. I was gone AGAIN. This time in Santa Clara, California and LA. While it was a very productive trip in terms of the future, I again was unable to get as much done as I would have liked. I have begun to really feel the pressure of all the travel and then the demands of the office as well as my personal life. Sleep has gone by the wayside, stress is way up. Doesn't help that this was also Andrew's first week of teaching, so that meant additional stress for both of us. Andrew, just because it's his first week of teaching and talk about a learning curve! There is so much to take into consideration when setting up a classroom and determining these lesson plans. And Andrew's penchant for perfectionism is leading him to place more pressure on himself and stress himself out even more. That in turn spills out on me. And me being stressed out to begin with, well lets just say it's been a fun week. I'm exhausted, crying at every turn and Andrew is just as stressed but being a guy, he can't just bawl at the drop of a hat. (Why is that, btw? Can anyone answer me that?)

So anyway, who knows how much of this is in reaction to the meds they have me on since the surgery in July. Thankfully, the last shot is Tuesday, then hopefully my body can get back to normal. That and the completion of AstriCon, which will be a complete weight lifted.

So maybe I'll head to bed now. If you are reading this, please pray for us. While these troubles are very minor compared to what many others have to deal with, I feel very much at the end of my rope and just need God's peace and faith in Him that whatever happens in the future, I will be taken care of. Not that I really doubt it. I dunno, maybe I do since I worry. I don't want to worry, I want to trust. And while at times I have absolute peace and trust in Him, it seems that at night, all of that peace and trust disappears and all I'm left with is my fear. Especially those early mornings when I can no longer sleep, but its too early to rise. *Sigh* I just want to enjoy where I am right now. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: