Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The follow up to my confessions

Let's just say, mommy wins. Again. Glad I listened to my own instincts and didn't change a thing i was doing in regards to feeding Aidan.

I mean just look at that round face. You wouldn't believe the rolls. They are nothing compared to some babies but compared to his sister? And he's HEAVY. My arms are starting to have fatigue holding him.

The verdict? 8lb 6oz. 11 oz gain in the two weeks since he was last seen. They want at least 0.5 oz a day. He almost got a whole oz a day. And that was without supplementing at ALL.

See? He just had a slow start. I sure hope I don't hear anything else on his weight. He's a chunker to me. Especially when his sister has never managed to get out f single digits on the percentages. I wouldn't be surprised if Aidan weighs more than her by his first birthday.

Speaking of Elisa. Yeah. Anything that's brothers is hers. Including his bed. She got a big surprise when both Andrew and I jumped and yelled when she tried to take Aidan's blanket out from under him. She's still not sure what to make of him. Mostly she ignores him unless he's taking our attention from her. I sure hope she settles down with this territorial stuff soon. Having one child stuck to me like glue is enough. Not sure how to juggle two, both wanting to be held all.the.time.

She's not always opposed to him, though. Like here, when she showed him how the toy worked. And basically played it for him.

I know this too shall pass. Right now I'm just hoping for a two year old to stop fighting bed time and a one month old who will let me put him down in his crib at night. This mommy and daddy need some sleep.

No comments: