Friday, January 27, 2012

No cheese!

You know you have the camera out too much when this is your child's reaction to seeing it in your hands...



We were trying to get her to sing her part of the no more monkeys song. It's the cutest thing. Whenever she climbs on the bed she starts singing "no more monkeys jumping on the bed!". And if we sing the first part with her, she will finish up on her own.



But as you can tell she's camera shy, and this is about all I could get from her. Still cute!

It's amazing to me to watch her now. I love it, yes she has her two year old tantrum moments, but for the most part she is the cutest thing ever.

Just the other day, she gave me her opinion of the bills. Took the one I was paying away from me, promptly said "this goes in the trash!" and yup, you guessed it. Threw it away. Times like that you can't help but crack up.

She's come a long way in her attitude towards Aidan as well. She will bring him a paci on our request if he's fussing. Or points out the obvious "broders crying!" but follows up with a pat on the head and "it's ok broder! Mommy's here, daddy's here."

I love two. When she's not whining or throwing a tantrum, I really do love it.

Aidan?

This is one of the few pictures I've gotten of him talking, cooing and smiling. Instead of screaming. Aidan seems to have colic/reflux or whatever you want to call it. If he's not sleeping he's eating. If he's not eating, he's screaming head splitting screams that are only relieved by eating some more.

We've put him on some reflux meds, since he will eat until he spits up and then try to eat some more. The meds seemed to have helped with that as he isn't doing that with near the frequency he was.

He still, however, will not let me put him down. He will be passed out cold and I place him in his bed. 5 min later we are screaming bloody murder and he will not go back to sleep until after his next feed. The only time I am able to put him down is when we go to bed, and then only because I caved and moved him into our room. A friend let us borrow her co-sleeper and he goes in that sometimes, but mostly his bouncy seat.

Somehow he does more than smell me right now. As all of the leaving my scent tricks in his room didn't work. He knew immediately that I was gone and calmed the second i was back.

Really, buddy?

On the upside though, he is usually only waking once a night somewhere between 1:30-3:30 and then going back down until 6-7. A few times we've lucked out with a 4-5 wake up and then not up until after 8.

Hopefully that will become the norm soon...

No comments: